How can I tell if my brakes need servicing?
The brake system is one of the most important safety mechanisms in your vehicle. It is necessary to have it inspected regularly — a minimum of every six months or roughly every 6,000 miles — to ensure proper performance.
Here are some common signs that your brake system needs servicing:
• Brakes feel spongy or hard to press down
• Squealing or grinding noises
• Your car pulls to one side
• Your steering wheel or brake pedal shakes when applying the brake
• Your Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) warning lights come on
Why should I choose Mainer Ford for brake repair?
Our factory-trained technicians offer a comprehensive brake inspection including:
• Checking for even wear and measuring brake pad/shoe thickness
• Ensuring brake lines and master and wheel cylinders aren’t leaking
• Checking rotors for hot spots and run-outs
• Inspecting calipers for wear, fluid leaks and movement
• Checking anti-lock brake sensors
• Testing hardware and making necessary adjustments
• Checking brake fluid condition and levels
Other benefits of Mainer Ford brake services include:
• Original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts
• Full-service maintenance and repair facility
• Parts and labor warranties
• Clean, comfortable waiting areas with free Wi-Fi
• Shuttle service to and from your home
• Friendly and knowledgeable staff
The Ford Service Credit Card
The Ford Service Credit Card is a financing option that lets you pay for all service maintenance and repairs, including tire purchases and installation, at Mainer Ford and other Ford Dealers across the U.S. It only takes a few minutes to apply and receive the decision.
Upon credit approval, you’ll be provided with a credit line to assist you with all in-store purchases, including:
• Ford Motorcraft® batteries
• Extended service plans
• Loaner vehicles
• Body shop repairs
• And more